The Frankonia Frankosorb® absorber technology combines a variety of high-performance standards in a single solution. Due to the stable performance characteristics and its unique non-combustible attribute, a safe environment for people and EUT can been assured, which also leads to a constant, reproducible and long-lasting testing quality.
STANDARDS AND FEATURES
- Non-combustible absorbers according to DIN EN 13501-1 class A2 – s1 d0, equivalent to DIN 4102 class A2 (US NRL 8093 Tests 1,2,3,4 and 5; Chinese GB8624-2006; Russia GOST 30244-94), EN/ISO 5659-2 (smoke generation and opacity), very high power handling capacity up to 2 kW/m2 or 850 V/m (continuous duty); 3,5 kW/m2 or 1.150 V/m (intermediate power).
WHY HAVE OUR CUSTOMERS CHOSEN NON-COMBUSTIBLE FRANKOSORB® ABSORBERS?
- The risk of fire inside the anechoic chamber and the building decreases significantly.
- If the EUT catches fire, e.g., in the case of overheating, there is no risk that the fire will expand or flash over to the chamber or building.
- As Frankosorb® absorbers are carbon-free, no toxic gases, which can be seriously dangerous if inhaled, will be emitted to the environment in the case of fire or overheating.
- An additional value of non-combustible A2 Frankosorb®-Absorbers comes with the massive cost savings, which can be traced back to the redundancy of acquisition and maintenance of a fire detection and extinguishing system.
- Furthermore, the risk of harming people by the usage of extinguishing agents or extinguishing methods is eliminated.
- Modern anechoic chambers need to cover a huge range of EMC testing methods, which prescribe testing with different sources of energy, like combustion engines, hybrid engines, LPG, methane, hydrogen or batteries. These sources lead to a higher risk of fire that also needs to be controlled in the course of EMC testing.
- With the relinquishment of oxidizing solvents or adhesives and the effective use of A-Materials for Frankonia’s non-combustible A2 Frankosorb®-Absorbers, the relevant fire risk is prevented from the outset.
- With the use of A-Materials combined with the advanced nano-thinfilm-technology, non-combustible Frankosorb®-Absorbers can be produced in a hollow version, which is able to absorb huge field strengths.
ABOVE ALL, FRANKOSORB® ABSORBERS ALL COME WITH FURTHER ADVANTAGES:
- Thanks to the Frankosorb® nano-thinfilm technology, the same characteristics for every single absorber are guaranteed.
- The surface of the Frankosorb® absorbers, which is optimized for halogen and LED lighting, provides for better and homogenous lighting conditions.
- This special surface is classified acc. ISO 14644-1 Class 5 for clean room compatibility and guarantees a clean and healthy environment.
- Frankosorb® absorbers have been providing stable performances for more than 25 years.